Legal consultancy and assistance
Romanian citizenship – charges and documents required
DOCUMENTS AND FEES REQUIRED FOR ROMANIAN CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION art. 8 of Law no. 21/1991)
1. PASSPORT in legalized or “true” copy;
2. Permanent residence PERMIT for foreign citizens, in legalized or “true” copy;
3. DECISION establishing the domicile in Romania, in legalized copy released by the Romanian Office for Immigrations;
4. CERTIFICATE showing the legal domicile in Romania for at least 8 years or, if married to a Romanian citizen, for at least 5 years from the marriage day – released by the Romanian Office for Immigrations;
5. AFFIDAVIT authenticated by a public notary showing that “he/she does not currently undertake actions against the rule of law, national safety and that he/she has never carried out such activities”;
6. BIRTH CERTIFICATE in legalized copy and Romanian translation, legalized;
7. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, in legalized copy;
8. PROOF of Romanian citizenship of husband/ wife (identity document in certified copy);
9. BIRTH CERTIFICATES of minors, in legalized copies;
10. ASSENT of parents for acquirement of Romanian citizenship by children, granted by way of statement authenticated by a notary;
11. CONSENT of the minor who has turned 14 for acquirement of Romanian citizenship, granted by way of statement authenticated by a notary and in the presence of a parent;
12. CRIMINAL RECORD from Romania;
13. CRIMINAL RECORD from abroad in original and Romanian translation, legalized by a notary;
14. PROOF of domicile in legalized copy, by one of the following methods:
a) lease contract recorded with the Financial Administration in legalized copy and land book excerpt informing the owner on the real estate in question;
a) sale-purchase contract recorded with the Financial Administration in legalized copy and land book excerpt for informing the owner on the real estate in question;
a) commodatum contract recorded with the Financial Administration in legalized copy and land book excerpt informing the owner on the real estate in question;
a) statement, authenticated by a notary, for acceptance in location and land book excerpt for informing the owner on the real estate in question;
15. PROOF of legal means for a decent existence in Romania, under the requirements set by the legislation on foreigners regime (as the case may be):
a) incomes from commercial activities – Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company, in legalized copy; Sole Registration Code in photocopy; balance sheet as of the end of the previous year, recorded at the Financial Administration; decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders for distributing the dividends or respectively the single member protocol; proof of receipt of the due dividends; proof of payment of the tax on the dividends received; confirmation of company details from the Trade Registry related to the commercial activity; tax attestation certificate released by the Administration of Public Finances from the office of the company, regarding the payment of taxes and duties due to the State.
b) individual contract of employment endorsed by the Territorial Labour Inspectorate in legalized copy, as well as the certificate showing the monthly net salary.
c) rental incomes – general income tax return regarding the acquirement of rental incomes; tax attestation certificate in case of natural persons.
d) pension coupon or other proofs.
1. CONSULAR FEE – RON 187.5, to be paid at CEC or at the State Treasury in account no. 203301028609468;
2. APPLICATION REGISTRATION FEE – RON 3, to be paid at CEC or at the State Treasury in account no. 203301028609468;
3. FEE FOR PUBLICATION IN THE OFFICIAL GAZETTE – RON 90, to be paid in accounts: IBAN: RO55RNCB0082006711100001, BCR SA - UNIREA BRANCH and IBAN: RO12TREZ7005069XXX000531, Directorate for Treasury and Public Accountancy of Bucharest City, Tax Identification Code RO427282. This fee may also be paid at the office of the Official Gazette from Bucharest, 1 Panduri Road, bl. P33, ground floor, Sector 5.
4. JUDICIAL STAMP of RON 1.5, to be bought from the Post.
All the documents shall be kept in storage binders;
All the fees shall be paid before the application submission;
Incomplete applications shall not be accepted;
Civil status details from the documents submitted should be the same as in the birth certificate;
Documents prepared abroad should bear the apostille affixed by the authority appointed by the issuer state, according to the Hague Convention from October 5, 1961, or to be super-legalized;
If they are prepared by diplomatic or consular agents of Romania, apostille or super-legalization shall not be required.
For our full services offer please access also other sections of our site infiintare firma.com and please contact us to request a price offer.
Note: Information included in this page are for information purposes only and may not contain the latest requirements in the field. For up-to-date information please access the websites of the relevant authorities.